Monday 11 April 2016

Blackberry To Release Two Mid Level Android Phones

Blackberry To Release Two Mid Level Android Phones – Blackberry continues to fight for survival in the smartphone market, and are set to release two new phones.

The new phones are reportedly the Blackberry Rome and the Blackberry Hamburg, and they will be mid-level Android phones.

Blackberry’s first Android phone, the Priv hasn’t done so well in the market, with company CEO John Chen admitting that it might have been a mistake entering the Android market with a high level device.

“The fact that we came out with a high end phone [as our first Android device] was probably not as wise as it should have been,” Chen said in an interview with the UAE’s The National. “A lot of enterprise customers have said to us, ‘I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I’m more interested in a $400 device’.”
All Blackberry devices from now would be running the Android OS as Chen revealed that no new devices would be released with the BB10 OS.

Blackberry hasn’t enjoyed success in a while, and Chen admitted that the company would close their handset division if they couldn’t make profits.

Chen said: “Since I started at the company [in November 2013] I’ve been saying I’ll make the handset business profitable. If I can’t make it profitable because the market won’t let me, then I’ll get out of the handset business. I love our handset business, but we need to make money.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment